Enhance Your Eyes With a Smokey Eye!
AUTHORED BY: Maria L Fermin, BTips365
PHOTOGRAPHED BY: Kylie Fitts, Kylie Fitts Photography
[/vc_column_text][vc_separator][vc_column_text]This content was created by a Denver Style Magazine Contributor. The opinions expressed in the article do not necessarily reflect the views of Denver Style Magazine.
To become a Contributor and share your work with our community, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org [/vc_column_text][vc_separator][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width="3/4"][vc_column_text]
Even though I don’t wear too much makeup on a daily basis, I like to wear something different and intense once in a while, like a smokey eye. I think it looks good on everyone, it's a go-to for special events, it's not that difficult to create, and it is so classic that it never goes out of style.
I really love smokey eyes. I think that if you want to add a little drama to your look, (especially at night) it's the perfect thing to do. There are so many ways to apply a smokey eye, so many colors, but I wanted to share my favorite version with you: The Black Smokey Eye.
Just follow these steps:
1. First of all, you have to prep your skin. Wash and moisturize your face, then apply primer.
2. Do the same thing with your eyes. Moisturize and apply primer.
3. Apply a light color (vanilla, cream, etc.) all over your eye- this will be a base color.
4. Take a darker color and apply it to the outer corner the eye, then blend.
5. Apply a light color to the inner corner of the eye (it can have some shimmer or you can just pick one that’s matte). Repeat to the bottom lash line.
6. Apply eyeliner (optional).
7. Apply mascara (upper and lower lashes) and false eye lashes (optional).
The secret for a beautiful smokey eye (no matter what color you are using) is BLENDING. Now, this will either make you rock your makeup or make you look like a raccoon. (Don’t worry, it can happen sometimes.) It's just about practicing until you get the look you want.
Remember that makeup is just a beauty enhancer; therefore, be careful of how much makeup you choose wear. At the end of the day it's just about feeling comfortable.
Oh! And don’t forget to wash off your makeup before going to bed.