Beauty Resolutions for 2016
|| by Nicole Toledo, www.nicoletoledomakeupartistry.com/ ||
Incorporate these beauty resolutions into your life.
1. Take your makeup off before bed. Keep makeup wipes or a cleansing water by your bedside if you're lazy at night. Don't forget to follow with a rich, anti-aging moisturizer as your skin repairs itself at night.
2. Wash your makeup brushes. Ideally this should be done a few times a month. Get all of that bacteria out of your brushes so that it doesn't transfer to your skin and cause breakouts or irritations.
4. Replace your mascara. Typically, you should replace your mascara every two to three months to avoid any type of eye infection or irritation. Write the date that you opened the mascara on the bottom of the tube to help you remember.
5. Fill in your brows. This simple step can make a huge difference. Your brows frame your face so don't forget about them. Good brows can make or break your look. Use the Anastasia stencils as a guideline when tweezing or filling in your brows.
6. Work smarter not harder. Do concealer after your eyeshadow. If you have eyeshadow fallout or have a mascara smudge, you don't have to worry about redoing your concealer, which saves you time and product. I love using concealer after eyeshadow to clean up the overall shape, giving a crisper edge to the outer corner.
7. Try something new. Don't get stuck in a makeup rut. Consider incorporating the new 2016 Pantone colors of Serenity or Rose Quartz. Add a pop of one of these shades to your eyeliner or lip color for a quick update. Remember, that makeup should be fun.
8. Wear sunscreen, not just during the summer months or when you are spending an extended amount of time outside. You can get your daily sun protection from a moisturizer, foundation, or primer. Sun exposure is the leading cause of premature aging on the skin so please make it a daily habit.